CHRISTMAS OUTREACH: DECEMBER 17
You can join us for this year’s outreach in two ways: (1) donating toys or finances we can use to purchase toys (2) helping at the outreach. We need over 1,000 toys (valued at about $10) for children ages toddler-12 years. Toy donations are needed by December 16 and can be dropped off during our regular office hours.
The Outreach: Saturday, December 17, 2016
- Volunteers arrive at Loaves & Fishes 8:00 a.m.
- Doors open to our Guests at 10:00 a.m.
- Our Christmas Service begins
- Service ends about 11:00 a.m.
- Distribute food & toys
- Help carry boxes to guests’ cars
We need volunteers on
Monday and Wednesday from 10am – 2pm;
and Saturday from 9am – 1pm.
We would love to have you join us in ministering to the Spirit, Soul, and Body of people in need in our community. Here are ways to help:
- Help prepare and serve the hot meals we offer.
- Greeting and talking to our guests is a vital part of helping to make them feel at home. It’s a great time to minister to and pray with people
- Help with registration of the 30 to 100 families coming each day.
- Sort package goods we get from the Community Food Bank.
- Box up the basic items of food we distribute.
- Fill the “selection list” orders from our guests.
- Assist in the Bible study meeting, passing out Bibles, praying with people.
- Help our elderly and disabled guests by carrying the 25 – 30 lb. boxes to their cars.
- Once a month help with assembling the newsletter for mailing.
- Special projects: cleaning the offices, painting walls, sweeping and mopping the warehouse, cleaning the freezers, and helping with inventory.
We also welcome business, organization, church, and home school groups to come outside our normal hours to help with special projects. Please contact us to arrange a special volunteer day for your organization!